
This picture was taken in 2006, but I wanted to pay tribute to my dad and all those who have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice so much for our beloved country!
Both of my parents gave service to this country with time in the military. I can't speak for them or their patriotic feelings but I couldn't be more grateful to live in a land where I have the privileges I do.
Sometimes our greatest blessings are pushed aside by the frustrations of the day, especially following a heated presidential election, but I hope a day of remembrance like this one can bring us back, even for a moment, to remember the souls that have worked so hard for the joys we experience each second we take a peaceful breath.
I love America and all it trys to be!
2 comments:
Where are you? It looks like Hawaii...is it your father's grave? I love your blog! Very well said...
Yes, this is me at my dad's grave site in the Veteran's cemetery on Kauai.
Post a Comment