Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Mania!


Talk about a phenomenon! I was indeed apart of the crazy crowd that bought tickets weeks in advance, arrived three hours early, and attended a movie starting at 12:03am, all because I read a book series I fell in love with. However, I am very proud to say I was attired in nothing resembling Prom wear or homemade bedazzled bling! (I did however make some serious changes to my hair the night before that could be considered extreme and fitting with the movie, but that was unintentional, simply induced by the fall weather and the need for change.)

I don't want to ruin the excitement for anyone out there that wasn't at a movie theater in the wee hours of this morning, but I will say going with friends made the experience what it was! The movie was no Oscar contender and if you hadn't read the book I think you would be lost, bored, and/or in shock that people would go to such lengths to view it. That being said, I've heard they signed contracts to make movies from the remaining books (who wouldn't with the theater sell out the likes of which I've never heard) and I'll go see them!

The movie theater we attended had a movie starting each minute past 12:00am in separate theaters and while I was out retrieving goodies I saw them rush in the 12:20am crowd. We arrived at 9:30pm and waited outside in the chill until 10:15pm when they efficiently ushered us in to our theater. Most of our large party was seated together allowing the laughter and movie dissection to flow freely. We were "shushed" from behind once or twice by Twilight die-hards, but for the most part the entire theater erupted in laughter or surprise at the same moments.

In the end thoughts were shared and the consensus was basically unanimous in the half successful character casting, lack of impressive wardrobe, missing scenes and awkward romantic interludes, but we had a great time!

Go Vampires! Bring on the Werewolves!

4 comments:

Kristi T. said...

Well said. It was fun living in the moment.

Amy Lynn said...

I just commented on Kristy's that I think I'm going to wait for it to come out on Netflix! Everyone has said attending the movie with a big group of friends was AWESOME but the movie was blah. I'm saving my money for Bond...James Bond. Bring it on!

Mitzi said...

I just wrote a review on my blog. You are one of the crazy people I talk about! :)

Megan Bruschke said...

TOn, I can't believe you didn't dress in prom attire - what's up with that? ;-)