The prize for surviving 20 1/2 hours of travel, chasing the sun around the earth is...ten loads of laundry, an answering machine with an urgent blinking red light and a pile of mail hiding bills and notices of all kinds, not to mention family pets doing the happy dance!
It was worth every minute of lost sleep and the catching up required upon return!
With less than a week to get ready for the start of school and other responsibilities waiting in the wings, we jumped right back in. Some of us took a day or two to overcome the jet-lag...
Sixteen days of international travel upon one of God's most beautiful creations, filled with the most captivating people, leaning the most intriguing tales and heart wrenching histories, was the blessing of a lifetime! If I am ever so blessed to return one day I will be overjoyed to revisit some of my favorite places and excited to explore the ones I missed.
But, as always, it's good to be HOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment