Another wonderful holiday!
The wee ones showing off their green duds...
The wee ones showing off their green duds...
Breakfast of champions (on this special leprechaun day).
And green gifts left by our magical friends...
School lunch, all green of course.
Key lime pie yogurt, mini Sprite, green grapes, and an apple breakfast bar...
Me showin' the Love...
Dinner consisted of a hearty soup with potatoes and kale and a side of Irish Soda Bread, and green apple juice to drink.
And finally the legendary cookies...
So here at last is the Legend of the Cookies...
My second year at Ricks College was Glen's first. I had learned early on, the way to a man's heart was through a plate of cookies and Glen was clearly enjoying that tradition, as he had plates of cookies lining his counter tops on a regular basis from various admirers. After spending more time with him and "hanging out" for a couple months I decided this was a guy worth keeping! When St. Patrick's Day rolled around my roommate was putting together a special plate of cookies for her boyfriend and I thought to myself, "Hey, Glen's Irish, I should do something to mark this special day for him", so I grabbed some of her "special" St. Patrick's day cookies (with permission) and fashioned a tray out of cardboard in the shape of a shamrock covered in foil to deliver my gift.
Well, Glen had received many plates of cookies, but never shamrock cookies in honor of his beloved Ireland!
Later, when considering our relationship and whether or not to make it an eternal commitment he had a list of three memorable things that tipped the scales of his decision (in my favor, obviously) and the cookies were on that list!
So to mark the occasion and celebrate our fun relationship, I make him a plate of green shamrock cookies and one pink heart as a memento of our love each year on St. Patrick's Day.
2 comments:
What a lucky man that Glen is!!!
You are so cute! I miss you!
Post a Comment