Thursday, September 30, 2010

UVU Photo Class

So the kids are all in school all day and to celebrate I'm taking a fun class for myself!  We bought a great camera a few years back and we have figured out a couple of things, but I hated coming upon my limitations, knowing the camera was capable of so much more.
Well, in just two classes I learned more about the many buttons on my camera than I had on my own in two years!
So here are the results of my first two classes:

 Pan Shot, showing motion with a clear subject. 
This beauty won our class compotition as best picture of the evening!
 
 High Shutter speed to STOP action.

 Slow shutter speed to SHOW action. 
Now I know how they get those dreamy stream pictures!

 This is using a high Aperture to focus on the subject and get a fuzzy background.

ISO adjustments: Low light without a flash or tripod.

I am having so much fun and can't wait to learn more. Two more classes and years to practice!
Happy picture taking!


3 comments:

Mitzi said...

I am so jealous! I want a nice new camera and photo classes! Very cool photos

Megan Bruschke said...

YOUR AWESOME! LOVE the pictures...miss you!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Awesome. Where are you taking the class and what is the cost? When do they start up again?