Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas is Over for Another Year

Okay, so I have finally faced the music you might say, and I'll now admit the Christmas season has passed us by. The problem is, it takes do much effort to decorate and prepare for the holiday, it's hard to energize yourself to put it away and clean it up!
Well, my house still has pretty lights on outside, much to the neighbors dismay, and the interior is still covered in red and green, but I have removed the happy music from my blog. I was going to change the background too, but I figure with Valentines Day around the corner I could get a little more wear out of it.
I had plans of sharing our Saturday renovation projects with you in this blog, but it took to long to pick some soothing classical music, so it will come later.
I hope everyone else is moving forward into 2009 with greater ease than myself, till next time!

2 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Taking down decorations is ALWAYS so depressing for me! I hate it. It's the physical reminder that the happiest time of year has just passed and you are stuck with at least 3 more months of winter. Bah-humbug. Just leave it up until Easter! Snuggle up in front of the fireplace with a good book and forget about it!

Kristi T. said...

My Christmas tree is still up. I took off the ordnaments and it is just white lights so every once in a while when I get down I turn them on and pretend Christmas is still around. I know we need to put it away but it looks so pretty and innocent I just can't seem to do it just yet. And Terry is working on the basement bathroom and I don't want to stall him at all. So I won't ask him to do it until he just does it. If you get my drift. So I am with Amy just leave it up and enjoy it while it lasts.