

Every six months our family enjoys "Conference Weekend". We stay home Saturday and Sunday to watch two sessions each day of The Church of Jesus Christ's General Conference, broadcast on t.v. During this time the children are encouraged to listen but aren't expected to be perfectly reverent for two hours straight at a time. I have made special games and activities that they only get these two weekends a year and we eat specially prepared meals, so all in all it goes pretty well.
My daughter however has invented her own quiet time routine of styling hair. I am the first in line for a good head rub but she often wants to take it farther, that is where the men of the family become the happy victims. It is amazing to me what they will put up with to have their hair played with. Here we are featuring the latest styles for father and grandfather. Beautiful!
Conference was wonderful! My personal favorite talk was given by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, stressing the importance of laughter in our lives. He shared one of his favorite sayings of his mothers, which is now one of my favorites, "Come what may and love it!". Life is too short to harbor hard feelings for our trials, let us learn the lessons, grow our faith, and thank the Lord for our many blessings. I'll be working on that in my daily life, until we adjourn again...
4 comments:
Now I see where Glen gets his sportsmanship!!!! Very Fun!
Tayler, you are simply darling. I love having you in activity days with me. I love your smile that you always have. And I love Glen and Grandpa's willingness to enjoy a good head rub.
I actually thought Glen looked really snazzy with the "whale spout" look! And Elder Wirthlin's talk was one of my favorites too! Our conference time wasn't so smooth or reverent...book our family for reservations at your house in April!
I was happy to hear that I would be Glen's junior home teaching companion! He makes me laugh.
Post a Comment